Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Just checking in from the end of the world!


10 days ago I set out to try to continue traveling south in Patagonia. This time of year (winter/off-season) traveling around Patagonia is never easy, but with a lot of luck and things going my way I made it!  I apologize for the lack of blog posts, but I'm about to do some major catching up. It was difficult enough to find a hostel with heat let alone wifi the past 10 days. Here is a map to give you an idea of where I am and where I've been: 


Recap: My adventures in Patagonia started in San Carlos de Barlioche, Argentina. From there I crossed over the Andes into Chile and spent some time in a small town (Puerto Varas) north of Puerto Montt. I took a 10 hour ferry from Puerto Montt to a tiny town not on this map called Chaiten, and a 12 hour bus ride on dirt roads from Chaiten to Coyhaique. At that point I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it any further south. There aren't busses running this time of year, and even when there are busses there aren't roads in Chile that connect Coyhaique to Punta Arenas because there are two very large glaciers. 

But...if you look closely, there's a little blue dot in Punta Arenas. That's me!! I'm writing to you from way down at the end of the world and it's going to take many more blog posts to explain how I got here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment